Smart Pin Sensing System
The VeriFast™ IA (Integrated Amplifier) Fastener Detection Solution is CenterLine’s latest system for monitoring weld pin position, an important part of the projection welding process.
- Ability to sense:
- fastener presence and orientation at the point of weld
- piloted and non-piloted nuts
- welding stud lengths
- infinite weld pin positions (fully extended, fully retracted, etc.)
- measurement of projection collapse
- Uses standard, readily available consumables.
- Compact design.
- Easy to set up and maintain.
- Available in two standard pin stroke lengths, 22 mm & 50 mm.
- Real time linear position is communicated from the electrode to the monitoring system and can be calibrated to indicate actual measurement.
Why use a VeriFast™ IA?
The VeriFast™ IA technology has many unique & beneficial features derived from its core principles of operation and the materials and techniques used in its construction.
- Extreme accuracy - The VeriFast™ IA system has an extremely high measurement resolution. When considering system signal noise, the practical resolution is 0.0009” (0.02 mm), enabling the system to detect minute changes in process conditions effectively.
- VeriFast™ IA weld bodies are wired directly to the control system without the need for a Signal Conditioner, making the installation process faster and easier.
- Unaffected by foreign matter such as grease, oil, water and weld dust. The IA coil is contained inside the CenterLine weld body.
- Extended mechanical life - There is no contact between the core and coil of the VeriFast™ IA; no parts can rub together or wear out. This results in lower maintenance costs and extended mechanical life.
- Environmentally robust - Internal shield minimizes the effects of external AC or DC fields. Both the casing of the coil and the core are made of corrosion-resistant metals.
- Standard Solutions - VeriFast™ IA is available in a large assortment of styles and weld body sizes to support process requirements.
- Robust low-pressure molded connector.