High Speed Fastener Solution™
CenterLine's High Speed Fastener Solution™ (HSFS) is a configurable cell comprised of several CenterLine configured products. These can include one or more of the following: PinPoint™ Solution, SoftMount™ Gun, and FlexFast™ HD Window Welder.The HSFS is a compact design that consolidates manually operated projection welders into one cell, saving labour and floor space.
The advantages of a flexible HSFS:
- The PinPoint™ Solution offers the flexibility to feed many different workpieces into the cell without the need for costly workpiece holding fixtures.
- The PinPoint Solution provides a workpiece buffer allowing the operator time to do other tasks. The HSFS cell can continue to run through breaks and lunch. (Disconnects operator from the cadence of the machine.)
- Integrated pattern matching camera for workpiece verification.
- The robot can pick more than one workpiece at the same time.
- The SoftMount™ Gun Inverted Feed Process (IFP) has built-in compliance to locate the workpiece while the fastener is loaded to the lower electrode, reducing cycle time.
- The robot presents the workpiece to the SoftMount™ Gun on various planes, no part fixturing is required.
- Multiple SoftMount™ Guns can have a different fastener, providing flexibility to handle many different workpieces.
- Only complete workpieces are dropped onto the finished part exit conveyor, eliminating parts with missing fasteners.
- New workpieces can be added to the cell without costly conveyor part fixture changes.
- Other processes like drawn arc studs, clinch fastener press, part marking, etc. can be integrated into the cell.
- The FlexFast™ HD Window Welder with a wide opening can be fixtured to weld many small workpieces.